It became clear during new teacher week that Julia is an excellent teacher. She could be found well before and after hours getting ready for her students. She was invariably doing something that I thought would be interesting to her students. If you see Julia, you will see a pleasant smile on her face which shows how open she is to just about anything, technology included! Here are some of the technology integration web2oOLS that you will see in Julia classroom:
- Nearpod– she did an amazing job of training a group of us in March.
- Google Drive – she uses ALL of Drive! Her latest revelation is rubric scoring on forms with NO PRINTING!
- She hosts her classroom website at Weebly.
- She uses Google Calendar to organize her homework and schedules – embedding them into her Weebly site.
- She uses Socrative and Kahoot to collect formative data.
- She uses Edpuzzle – you can create your own or use already made videos that embed questions / interactions within the video, making the video engaging.
- I know she does so many more techie things, but these are just a few!
Every time I talk with Julia, I walk away with a new idea! She is contagious, so watch out 🙂 If you have not found her, please do so quickly and soak up new technology integration ideas. Sadly, she is leaving us and going on to a new adventure. Her new students, staff and community are so lucky get her. I am sure I am not alone to feel really sad to see her leave. BVW will miss you Julia!