Fall 2017: It is not longer free. The free plan limits you to creating 20 safeviews.
SafeShare.tv provides a safe way to watch and share YouTube videos. It is simple, just copy and paste the link to the YouTube video into the provided box and click Generate SafeView. Here are some advantages:
- This eliminates ads and other videos that populate.
- There is no sign in. You make it and take it.
- You can edit the start and end positions (trim your video, I needed that years ago when I would accidentally leave my video recorder on after the lesson)!
- You have the ability to make them private so they are not searchable via SafeShare.tv, but they are shareable via a link.
- You can turn off the ability to download your video.
- You can use this to “LOOP” your YouTube videos. Please note that it takes some time to create the “endless video”, so be patient. I ended up leaving it overnight, and the next day it was done. I just did this 4 second video and it took a little over an hour to render. Check it out – no idea who is in that video?!?! Link to Looped 4 Second Video
- Use to display your flipped classroom videos. Many folks hold back from posting their videos to YouTube for fear of privacy. I will challenge you to post them as “unlisted” and share the link to SafeShare.tv! This accomplishes a couple of things. Students do not have to download the video and hope that the file type is compatible with their device. It also allows them a safe viewing experience. Win, win! Shout Out to Theresa Grospitch for using this!
- Coaches and sponsors, use this at your banquets. If you use the Loop feature, your videos will continue endlessly. Plus you won’t risk the ads and the end of the video images that populate.
- Administrators, use this for your presentations. Especially the all school videos! You can create the link and share it in advance with all stake holders to be sure that it is the correct video and that it is school appropriate.